House and Leisure asked interior designer and local trend expert Michelle Trimborn of Design Quarters which local decor outlets she had in mind that could supply us with unique vintage metal vases. Here is her list:
- Vamp Furniture is a popular store that has unique vintage homeware.
- TinTown may also have them from time to time – contact 021-426-2226.
- You could also try the Albert Vintage Market in Cape Town every Saturday between 10am and 2pm, Albert Hall, Woodstock – contact 078-193-0102.
- Then, there is the wonderful Antique Arcade in Long Street which is bulging with history and amazing finds.
- Cape Town-based Nicolas Lehman can make commissioned copies of the items for you or put you in touch with other metal workers who are better suited. Contact him on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weylandts or Carrol Boyes are great options if you’re looking for slightly more contemporary pieces.
- Lastly, there is the Alphen Antiques and Collectables Fair that occurs regularly at the Alphen Community Centre, Main Road, Constantia, (opposite Constantia Village), Cape Town. You can visit them on the second and fourth Sunday of every month. Contact 084-626-7499.
For more information contact Michelle Trimborn on 021-801-6680 or visit the Design Quarters blog. Have you got a particular decor, food, or DIY question? Email it to email@example.com and we’ll do our best to answer it! Vase image: Des Tak, Judd van Rensburg