Top Winter Pouffes
In the Trends section of our June 2012 issue we explored the possibilities of texture and the warmth it adds to your interior during the winter months. In ‘Knit Parade’ (page 15) we brought you all our favourite knitted, crocheted and stitched chunky decor pieces. This beautiful shoot demonstrates how to get creative with throws, chairs, doilies, rugs, lamps and pouffes. Our Decor Editor, Jeanne Botes, also shed some light on the fact that you don’t have to go all out with colour to make an impact – in fact, neutral tones like beiges, greys and browns work just as well when items are strategically placed. The one colour that did make a sneaky appearance in the shoot was a hint of dark blue. Royal and navy blues were again put in the spotlight on page 26 in another decor shoot titled ‘Blue Streak’. The cool colours work beautifully in winter and add that pop of colour you often long for in a more neutral space. With this in mind we set out to handpick a few favourites of our ultimate winter must-have: the relaxing pouffe. There’s no better companion for enjoying a mug of hot chocolate or simply for collapsing into at the end of a long day. Our selections, like our June winter decor spreads, feature the yarns that make winter so much more bearable. Think knitted, hand-woven, stitched and crocheted covetables… Not only are these pieces extremely comfortable, but they also highlight the age-old crafts that are coming back to life all over the world. We’d love to hear what you think of this trend and the renewed focus on hand-crafted items! Tell us at facebook.com/HouseAndLeisure or tweet your thoughts to @houseleisureSA. Captions:
- SWEET knitted pouffe (R9 983), The Modern Home Company.
- GAN rugs 'Mangas' pouffe collection by Patricia Urquiola (POR), Limeline.
- Grey-brown hand-knitted 100% woollen pouffes, small: R1 450, medium: R1 650, large: R2 250, Fibre Designs and 03cubed.
- Claudine floor cushion (R560), Madwa.
- The latest Canevas collection for GAN by Charlotte Lancelot (POR), Limeline.
- Crochet floor cushion (R1440), Madwa.
- Blue hand-knitted 100% woollen pouffes, small: R1 450, medium: R1 650, large: R2 250, Fibre Designs and 03cubed.