Pork Loin Recipe
If you haven't yet popped into The Sidewalk Café in Cape Town to taste the magical dishes on offer, we suggest you do yourself a favour and make a booking! The mouth-watering Madame Zingara’s Second Annual Chef’s Showcase is currently underway and in its third week. Between 19 - 25 June you can find chef Kholiswa Loze serving up a storm at this well-known eatery. Remember to vote for your favourite of the six menus over the coming weeks and you could win some exciting prizes! Want a taste of Kholiswa's handiwork? Below is the fabulous recipe that got her into the final of the chef's showcase... PORK LOIN Ingredients: 4 carrots 200g baby beans 250g spinach 300g sweet potatoes 200g pork loin chops 1 clove garlic 50g butter sprig thyme marinade: 2t cajun spice ¾ cup olive oil 1t sesame oil 1t sesame seeds sauce: ½ cup orange juice ½ cup white wine 3t brown sugar Directions:
- For the marinade, mix the olive oil, cajun spice, sesame oil and coriander seeds. Soak the meat for about 30 minutes.
- While you are waiting, cook the sweet potato well and add a little crushed garlic and mash.
- Blanche the carrots and baby beans.
- Sear the fat of the pork in a hot pan and then cook gently, 5 minutes each side or until glazed.
- Wilt the spinach with a little butter and seasoning in a hot pan.
- For the sauce, put the orange juice, white wine and sugar in a pan and reduce till its thick.
- Mold the sweet potato mash in a ring in the middle of the plate.
- Place carrots, beans and spinach next to the potato.
- Dish the pork on top of the sweet potato and drizzle with the sauce.
- Garnish with a sprig of thyme and coriander.