Cape Quarter Design Exhibit
To celebrate the anniversary of the inaugural Cape Quarter Lifestyle Village's Design Now! event held last year, the popular venue is hosting an exciting week of design-inspired exhibitions. This will include a big dollop of creativity in the form of a vibrant pop-up gallery and themed installations by selected big name retailers in the centre. Curator of the event, leading interior stylist Tracy Lynch, has waved her magic wand to ensure that various elements and objects from the featured stores paint a show-stopping picture of the goods on offer. And that they do! You'll find everything from decor pieces with African flair to displays with natural woody textures and clean, minimalist touches to feast your eyes on. Some of the themes that will be translated into inspiring design include Old School, New School, Culture Clash and Designer Nature. Expect fresh, unprecedented decor ideas and plenty of covetable items!
Other Highlights of the Programme:
- Craft Interactions with Pierre Cronje - Watch the traditional strapping up of a riempie chair and see how the artisans work with raw kudu hide.
- Arboretums From My Youth - View a striking hanging garden by Jacques Erasmus of Hemelhuis, inspired by his love of green, rain forests and sustainable beauty.
- The Airstream Challenge - An emerging young mystery designer takes up the challenge to recreate the interior of an Airstream caravan with a tight budget and gruelling 10-day deadline. Can they do it?
- Emerging Young Design - Witness the future of SA design in this display of the top 20 design-themed chairs, created by second-year students at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology, designed in collaboration with Klooftique.
- Interactive Workshops - Multi-media artist and designer, Karen Suskin, presents two workshops on creative thinking on 29 October and 5 November (R350 per workshop, for bookings email email@example.com).