House and Leisure Before & After 2018: House #3
Every year, our readers enter their upgraded homes into our annual renovations competition. This year's finalists are simply brilliant. The winners are determined by reader votes, so make sure to vote for your favourite. The winners of the House and Leisure Before & After competition will receive a trip for two to Thailand for a 5-star break. Incredible prizes are up for grabs by 13 lucky readers, just by voting for their favourite reader's home or room renovation. Prizes include Caesarstone Surfaces to the value of R10 000, a Sophia chandelier from K Light worth R10 000, a two-night stay for four guests sharing at Abalone House's Pool Villas, in Paternoster on the West Coast, worth R12 000 and much more! You can only vote once, so be sure to choose wisely.
Reader's Renovation: House #3
Tucked away in a narrow street in the heart of Fresnaye, this converted Victorian terrace house is a spacious haven for its talented owners.
Lesley's Top 5 Renovation Tips
- Make use of as much natural light as possible.
- Try to visit your building site every day, so as to keep on top of things and minimise the number of changes that may have to be made at a later stage.
- Moodboards are vital so that your architect and builder can clearly understand your vision.
- Don't be afraid to mix different textures.
- Remember to be patient. Renovation projects always take longer than you think.