Scotland may be determining its independence today, but irrespective of who rules them, there are plenty of Scots that rule. Here are some of our top Scots who, with their thick and burly accents, have taken the world by storm:
1. Billy Connolly. Comedian, musician, actor and presenter. That hair. Need we say more?
Image credit: bit.ly/1mfo1Sd
2. Glasgow-based rock-band Franz Ferdinand formed in 2002 and have amassed four studio albums.
Image credit: bit.ly/1mhUWFs
3. Christopher Kane, the Scottish fashion designer based in London, was first noticed by Donatella Versace.
Image credit: bit.ly/1wHxYes
4. Jonathan Saunders is best known for his fashion work with prints and silk-screening techniques.
Image credit: bit.ly/1r1VaR9
5. Brooding Ewan McGregor, the much-loved actor who’s cracked the market over the pond.
Image credit: bit.ly/1o5HbW1
Compiled by Claire Henderson and Lauren Gormley