Want to experience a proper snowy winter? Here’s 6 of our favourite international destinations.
1. Portland is ideal for a hiker wanting to get to close to nature, but remember to keep warm with one of the city’s renowned craft beers.
2. The ski villages in Switzerland are the perfect spot to cosy up in a log cabin and enjoy a cheese fondue. Don’t worry, you’ll burn off all the calories on the slopes!
3. The iconic Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany looks best with this picturesque backdrop.
4. We can’t imagine a better place to experience winter than at the Snow Palace in Russia. It gets so cold that the River Neva freezes right up!
5. Escape the crowds and experience a real winter in Alaska, where temperatures frequently dip below freezing and snow can be spotted throughout the year.
6. Paris is a favourite holiday destination all year round for good reason! Why wouldn’t you want to see snow surrouding the Eiffel Tower? Pretty as a picture.
Compiled by Astrid Sanders and Gemma Bedforth