A red feature wall or a scarlet piece of furniture can immediately breathe life into a bland or tired room. Here are some striking ideas on how to use this feisty colour around your home.
1. Red accents pop against busy two-tone wallpaper, giving the feeling of newspaper print.
2. Use crimson in unexpected places, like roof beams and kitchen cupboards.
3. A tiny hound’s-tooth appearance off-sets a statement light fitting.
4. A vintage velvet couch complements raw concrete flooring.
5. Create a feeling of space by using a feature colour at different heights and levels within a room.
6. This indoor-outdoor space is brought to life with a strong ruby wall.
7. Impeccably framed photographs jump out against this cherry backdrop.
8. Red is a great alternative from the typical ‘go to’ pink of a girls bedroom.
9. The retro linoleum floor is the showstopper in this funky room.
10. Natural materials create a delicate balance in the presence of a bold colour.