Q&A: Rustic Homes
Posted: 24 October 2013
What are the benefits of choosing to build a timber home? There are many benefits in choosing to build in timber:
- Timber homes are easy to insulate and easy to heat. A well-insulated timber home is like a cocoon and will perform well in winter and in summer.
- Timber homes have a gentle footprint and do not require huge amounts of excavation and retaining to sit comfortably on the landscape.
- Timber homes lend themselves to attractive interior and exterior architecture and decorating. Think: exposed beams and timbers, claddings of varying textures and a lightweight structure. This is the part our clients love the most.
- Timber homes can be easily constructed on inaccessible sites. A large part of our structures are completed in our factory and then transported in easily handled components. Our clients are always amazed at the speed at which these components are assembled on site.
- A great bonus is that a timber construction is one of the few sustainable building methods. Timber plantations will in fact absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere where almost all other construction materials produce huge amounts of carbon dioxide. If the timber for your timber home is grown in South Africa, even better!