Style Your Space For Spring: Win R5000 With Coricraft
Freshen up your space for spring with these simple updates – plus you could win a R5000 voucher from Coricraft by capturing your own styling skills at home.
Decor and interior specialists Coricraft recently launched their new Spring collection, featuring brand new ranges of decor accessories and linen.
These are the perfect elements with which to update your abode for the season, so read on for our top tips on how to freshen up your home for spring.
What's more, House and Leisure readers currently have the opportunity to win one of four R5000 vouchers to spend at Coricraft by showcasing the styling techniques they have already used to spruce up their spaces on Instagram and Facebook.
The competition will run weekly for four weeks: each week a winner will be chosen and have their image shared on House and Leisure's Instagram feed or Facebook feed (The closing dates are Monday 23 September, Monday 30 September, Monday 7 October and Monday 14 October 2019.)
To enter the competition, simply share an image of your styling skills at home – the aim is to be creative and express your personality in the space – by posting your styled shot to your own Instagram feed, making sure that you use the following hashtags: #CORICRAFT, #HOUSEANDLEISURE and #FITFORAMAG.
Keep an eye on the House and Leisure Instagram feed and Facebook page (and be sure you are following us, of course!) for any updates and the announcements of the four weekly winners of the R5000 voucher prizes.
To get you inspired, here are a few suggestions for minor changes that can make a big difference to the look and feel of your home.
Quick and easy spring styling tips with Coricraft
As we move into the warmer months, quick changes that will revitalise your bedroom include bringing in a pop of colour and vibrancy to suit the season.
- Add vibrant yellow throw pillows to your bed (or choose another shade – just make it fresh and bright).
- Swap out bedding in wintery shades for Coricraft linen in lighter colours such as white or cream.
- Simply add a vase of flowers or a leafy plant to the room for an instant touch of spring.
As we move towards the days becoming longer and warmer, your patio space becomes the place where summer memories are made at gatherings of family and friends.
Just a few easy updates will make your outdoor area an ideal relaxation spot:
- Add a botanical aspect to the patio with a cluster of hanging plants (standing planters work well too).
- An array of scatter cushions from Coricraft will give an instant lift: we suggest you match these to your existing colour scheme but introduce multiple patterns to create visual interest without a cluttered feel.
- A light throw provides a textural element – and will be much appreciated by guests who need some extra warmth on cooler evenings.
- For a more substantial revamp, add a few patterned outdoor sidetables to effortlessly enhance this most social of spaces.
In the dining room
The dining room is another space in your home that comes into its own in spring, whether it's put to use for a long Sunday lunch or a celebratory brunch.
Here are a few quick ways to elevate the appearance of this space:
- Vases are a lovely way to add decorative interest, and there's no need to always fill them with flowers – provided they are interesting shapes and in multiples, they work beautifully as is. A trio of shapely vessels (such as those seen below from Coricraft) adds instant atmosphere and is a popular stylist's trick.
- Consider adding a bar cart to your dining room, as it adds an element of easygoing sophistication, and fill it with all the ingredients and accessories you need to prepare a colourful spring cocktail.
- Remember that using contrasting materials – such as the wood, Perspex and cork items seen below from Coricraft – adds texture to a room. There's no need to completely redecorate a space when simply adding a couple of key items (such as table lamps or a rug) will give it an instant lift.
Enter the competition by sharing your styling techniques in the designated spaces in your home on Instagram or Facebook, using the following hashatgs: #HOUSEANDLEISURE #CORICRAFT and #FITFORAMAG.
Ts&Cs apply. The competition will run from 17 September to 15 October 2019. Each challenge will end on a Tuesday and the winner will be chosen and announced on House and Leisure's Instagram and Facebook feed by Thursday of the same week..
ALSO READ: How To Use Mirrors To liven Up Any Interior
This is a sponsored post.