Rob Wood’s South African Flowering Trees: A Botanical Adventure Through History (R499, Print Matters) with artwork by Millicent Frean and Sandie Burrows promises to delight tree lovers with its rich anecdotal style and history of 25 local species. The book includes:
- 25 indigenous species
- Accessible and easy to understand terminology
- Full colour illustrations and line drawings
- History on each species from earliest records
- Descriptions of seasonal varieties
- Uses, nomenclature, history and structure
This article was originally featured in the March 2014 issue of House and Leisure.