Making a contribution to a cleaner environment and a better life for all is easy. Here are 10 basic things you can do:
Most PET plastic products are beverage bottles, but increasingly other types of packaging are also made of PET.
How can I recycle PET plastics?
1. DON’T simply throw away anything made of PET with other rubbish or as litter on the street.
2. DO separate PET plastic items from other waste, and put them out separately in a clear bag on garbage collection day. The bag will be collected by the municipality or a PET collector.
3. DO rinse PET containers, if possible, with clean water to avoid nasty smells and drawing unwelcome insects before you put them in a bag.
4. DO pick up PET bottles that you see lying around and put them in a recycling container. Teach your family to do the same
5. DO take your clear bag of separated PET to your closest collection point or drop-off point if your municipality does not pick it up separately.
6. DO look out for special plastics collection containers at many public places such as shopping centres. These are clearly marked.
7. DO discuss recycling with others. Everyone should know about the importance of recycling things that can be re-used, especially plastics.
8. DO join recycling schemes at your local school or other recycling initiatives in your community.
9. DO consider making an income by becoming a PET collector.
Contact PETCO if you want to become involved as a collector: 0860 147 738 or at firstname.lastname@example.org