5 reasons to own the #HLLuxuryIssue
Posted: 23 October 2017
The November issue of House and Leisure is all about luxury. From gorgeous homes to the best travel treats, we explore the concept of opulence and elegance. For 2018, we believe that luxury is going to be about extremes: pockets of technology-free calmness contrasted by high-impact, tech-fuelled moments. At the same time, luxury is about longevity, quality materials and sustainability. Read on to find out how the #HLLuxuryIssue redefines luxury.
1. gift guides from South African creativesChristmas is around the corner, so we’ve asked five top local creatives to share their choices of covetable, opulent objets for the ultimate celebration of indulgence (page 24). From Naledi Mabuse’s striking patterns and sophisticated scents to Donald Nxumalo’s engaging African art and design, you’re sure to find inspiration for the season of giving. And look out for the House and Leisure team’s wish lists coming soon to our website and Instagram.
2. see inside four luxurious homesWe explore an opulent Durban penthouse apartment by Egg Designs that is filled with unique materials and bijou details (page 58), and peek inside a family home with a relaxed approach to luxurious living in Eldoraigne (page 82). An elegant abode in Florence merges modern art and design with vintage-feel styling (page 66), while interior designer John Jacob Zwiegelaar moulds a light, sophisticated living space out of a once-pokey Tamboerskloof apartment (page 76).
3. a luscious pink tasting loungeThe spectacular Hemel-en-Aarde valley near Hermanus now boasts an equally heavenly tasting lounge. Designed by Danie Louw, Mount Babylon’s newest addition is a plush tasting room, dressed in a colour inspired by the delightfully pink Méthode Cap Classique. Discover this beautiful space on page 94.
4. decadent dessert like no otherThis month, on page 101, we have a serious treat in store. Satisfy your sweet tooth with homemade ice creams and sorbets that look almost too good to eat. From blueberry marbled ice cream to coconut and cardamom flavours, we have all the recipes you’ll love this summer.
5. the ultimate leisure listOn page 114, we’ve rounded up our best recommendations for the most indulgent places to eat, drink, sleep and relax in South Africa. The toughest choice you’ll have to make this season is where to begin.
Get your copy of House and Leisure's November issue - now in store and online.