22 Must-Have Storage Items
Anyone living in a home with limited space knows the importance of clever storage solutions that aren't just functional but are visually appealing too. From graphic fabric baskets and sleek shelves to copper cosmetics organisers and vintage trunks, we've rounded up 22 options that'll make living in a cramped apartment that much easier.
1. cotton containerThis fabric storage basket from Love Milo comes with a water-resistant inner and is perfect for hiding away anything from kids' toys to laundry.
2. branch outBulky coats taking up too much space in your cupboard. This wood and mild steel Tree coat stand from Pedersen and Lennard is a stylish solution.
3. shelve itThese display shelves by B&K Design and Decor aren't just ideal for organising those bits and bobs that don't yet have a home; they make for a striking wall feature too. Available from Superbalist.
4. scarf storageIsn't this non-slip scarf hanger from Woolworths just the niftiest thing?
5. customisable cubesYou can arrange these open cubes from Lim in any configuration that best meets your storage needs.
6. vanity shelfThis laser-cut copper-plated shelf from Leg Studios will help you to keep all your beauty and hair products in one place while de-cluttering your bathroom space.
7. trinket traysSpanish designer Nestor Campos has created this neat range of oak trays for Normann Copenhagen to help out homeowners who need a way to structure all the little objects in their living spaces that just create mess.
8. go pottyZana's lined soft pots can be used to pack away stationery, beauty products, kitchen odds and ends and any other knick-knacks you have around the house.
9. wardrobe woesThe bold Hotel Rail from Dokter and Misses is the perfect solution for anyone who doesn't have much wardrobe space. It comes in a range of colours, including grey, red and teal.
10. basket caseWe love these yellow seagrass storage baskets from @home, which not only help to keep your space neat but also add a pop of colour to your home.
11. a trunk for junkThis beautiful wooden trunk from Mr Price Home is a great home for linen or any other items you haven't found storage room for, and it looks lovely too.
12. grassy bathroom organiserProp up your toothbrush, toothpaste and other bathroom goods in this clever grass-like organiser from Superbalist.
13. secret stashYour guests will never know that you've got all your bits and bobs hidden away inside this clever bed box ottoman from Sutherlands Home Furnishing.
14. kitchen tool keeperKeep your spatula, whisk, ladle and basting brush neatly together thank to Le Creuset's sleek utensil holder, which is available in most of the brand's vibrant colours.
15. cradle for your collectiblesNo matter what you store in this colourful round straw basket from Weylandts, it's bound to make for an eye-catching addition to your home.
16. bin your breadIf you're keen to add a touch of rustic charm to your kitchen, this oak Laid Back Co bread bin, which can fit two loaves, will do the trick.
17. an office essentialWe're struggling to think of a hipper way to neaten up and arrange your desk stationery than with this ceramic organiser set designed to look like a city skyline. It's conceptualised by Seletti and available from Generation.
18. rack up magsThis copper and fabric magazine rack from Zana is a beautiful place to store all those House and Leisure issues.
19. peg awayOrganise all those little loose items that end up lying around in corners with this wooden peg board - it includes 14 black and white pegs. Get it at Mono.
20. wall pocketsInspired by a bulging shirt pocket, these simple wall-mounted units by Danish designer Simon Legald for Normann Copenhagen are sleek, decorative storage options for kitchen utensils, cosmetics, magazines, plants and any other trinkets you have cluttering corners.
21. paper storehouseKeep all those important documents and records safe in this industrial 10-drawer filing cabinet made in part from reclaimed metal from factories and train yards. Get it at Weylandts.
22. rungs for stuffWe can't think of a room that wouldn't be instantly transformed by the addition of this polished, super practical ladder shelf from Lim. Main image: wall-mounted pocket organiser from Normann Copenhagen.
To get other storage ideas pick up our March small spaces issue, which is on shelves now.