Be a part of the Tree-voluion with the 5th annual Platbos Reforest Festival!
Join the incredible team at Greenpop for a weekend away in the the majestic Platbos forest. It’s not just about planting trees, but a chance to meet like-minded friends, music, dance and (re)connect with nature.
Two events will take place in May. The first is the Family Fest, designed for the whole family to enjoy and is a great place to bring the kids for a weekend of eco-learning, storytelling, kids yoga and lots more fun and games for the whole family. Everybody is welcome at the Friends Fest where you can expect live music, dancing into the night and other festivities after a day of getting your hands dirty!
Here are just some of the reasons to be at Reforest Fest this year:
1. You’ll get the chance to camp in Africa’s southernmost indigenous forest, a fairytale setting! (If camping is not for you, you can stay in one of the beautiful guest houses in the area and still join in the fun each morning).
2. You’ll help plant 1 000’s of trees. Last year 7 000 trees were planted in one day!
3. You’ll meet amazing people.
4. The activities are awesome! Think yoga, slack lining, forest walks and talks.
5. Your weekend is fully catered!
WHEN: 8 – 10 May (Family Fest) and 15 – 17 May 2015 (Friends Fest).
WHERE: Platbos Forest, between Stanford and Gansbaai, an easy 2 hour drive from Cape Town
TICKETS: Adults including all meals: R590. Children 12 and under including all meals: R390 and children 4 and under get in free.
For more information visit greenpop.org