Not everyone is lucky enough to have a home garden, but don’t despair – urban gardening is a simple solution to green up your small spaces. If you’re thinking of adding a rooftop (or balcony) garden to your home, here’s some green thumb inspiration:
1. Don’t be afraid to add bright pops of colour to your rooftop garden.
2. Pebbles make for an interesting surface option to offset sturdy indigenous plants.
3. Wooden pallet boxes are a really simple (and popular) solution for vegetable gardens.
4. Vertical gardens are a great focal feature and a fantastic space-saving idea.
5. Indigenous plants require far less maintenance which is great for hard to reach places.
6. Make use of mirrors and multiple tiers for the illusion of elevation and space.
7. A simple wooden walkway offers welcome respite from the day’s stresses.
8. Upcycling plastic crates into vegetable or herb gardens is a brilliant way to stay green.
*Need some more inspiration? Have a look at our Garden Solutions.