In our July 2015 Renovations issue – on sale now – we talk to Meryn and John Turner about their incredible heritage home in the Midlands, and it’s large lush garden.
If you’re lucky enough to have a big yard, you’ll know that a little help goes a long way when it comes to tackling and managing the garden.
To get you started, if you haven’t already purchased your copy, Meryn lets us in on a few of her tips for large-scale gardens:
- Have the discipline to begin with the hard landscaping. We spent months reading books and magazines before planning what to plant
- Create ‘eye-catchers’ to draw you through the garden, such as moss-covered walls, winding paths, stairways and old gates
- The best advice I got was to keep the intense planting such as annuals closer to the house, with lower maintenance plants further away.
- Create easy access to perfumed beds to enjoy the scent
- Use colour for impact: try blending different shades of one colour, then pop in a contrast for interest.
This article originally featured in the July 2015 issue of House and Leisure.
For game-changing home makeovers, insider industry contacts and fresh decor updates, get your copy of the July 2015 Renovations issue, on sale now!