Wintertime means you can happily ditch that boring salad for something more wholesome, warm and delicious. We’ve rounded up the top five spots where you can get your soup on in Joburg this winter. Here are our recommendations.
- Park Cafe in Parkwood is famous for its chicken and vegetable soup, served with a few slices of homemade ciabatta.
- Tashas in Hyde Park serves the most scrumptious creamy mushroom soup served with a side order of Melba toast.
- The coconut Ramen at The Great Eastern Food Bar in Melville is out of this world – made using organic coconut milk, it’s served with rice noodles, seasonal pickles and dried nori.
- For an authentic Asian treat, head to So Yum in Hyde Park for their Wonton soup – a rich clear broth served with a choice of fresh handmade chicken or pork dumplings.
- Make you way to Melville’s Cafe de la Creme for the best roasted tomato soup served with a toasted baguette.
Compiled by Katharyn Williams-Jaftha