If you have a sweet tooth and love fudge, you need to try a slab (or two) from Sweet Dreams.
Not only is it the softest and creamiest fudge that has ever passed my lips, but they use real ingredients rather than flavours, meaning for instance that their Cookies and Cream fudge (my personal fave) includes little pieces of biscuit, yum!
What started as a small business, by Björn Bjorkman a trained chef from Sweden, selling at one or two markets, has slowly branched out to include supplying wedding favours and corporate orders.
If you didn’t think that was incredible enough, all of their fudge is handmade in a small kitchen, hand cut and hand packed!
Their flavour range is extensive, and includes:
- Double chocolate
- White Chocolate
- Bar one
- Cookies & Cream
- Lemon Meringue
- Turkish Delight
- Almond & Honey
- Swedish Gingerbread
- Chocolate Therapy
Where to find it:
- Independent Spar stores (Green Point, Sea Point and Pinelands)
- Boutique coffee shops such as Cinnamon in Mowbray, Lekker in Kalk Bay and Simon’s Town and some farm stalls up the West Coast.
Sweet Dreams trades at the following markets on a regular basis:
- V&A Market on the Wharf (our flagship “store” open 7 days a week and stocking ALL our flavours)
- Tokai Earth Fair (Wed pm and Sat)
- Earth Fair St George’s Mall (Thu)
- The Range in Tokai (Fri pm)
- Bluebird Garage Market in Muizenberg (fri pm)
- Slowmarket Oude Libertas in Stellenbosch ( Sat)
- Root 44 at Audacia (Sat & Sun)
- Kirstenbosch Market
- Craft in the Park in Rondebosch
- Waldorf Constantia Night Market
Retails at R25 a slab (includes 6 pieces) or R6 a piece if you would rather mix and match.
For more information, visit their Facebook page.