Steenberg Canapés and Cap Classique
South Africa’s first brand-exclusive bubbly bar, Gorgeous by Graham Beck, is a beautiful addition to the already well-renowned Steenberg Estate, just outside Cape Town. Gorgeous is housed in the same historic building at Steenberg, as the world-class Catharina’s Restaurant. The two are currently joining forces to bring you a sensational taste experience unlike any other. Executive Chef Garth Almazan, who is at the helm of Catharina’s, will be preparing five gourmet canapés during the winter months, to be enjoyed along with the delicious range of Graham Beck Méthode Cap Classique sparkling wines at Gorgeous. The canapés and Cap Classique complement one another perfectly with their well thought-out flavour combinations, and this offer is a great alternative if you want to escape the house this season. You can either choose to order just one or two canapés, or savour the entire menu, say if you’re going out for a slightly more extended meal with friends. The canapé and paired Cap Classique menu on offer includes:
- Sugar cured grilled salmon trout with teriyaki sauce, salmon caviar and fried seaweed (R30), served with Graham Beck Brut Rosé 2009 (R65).
- Saldanha Bay oysters with lime wedges, tabasco, and crushed black pepper (R18), served with Graham Beck Brut NV (R40)
- Thai ostrich tartare with micro greens, coriander oil and melba toast (R30), served with Graham Beck Blanc de Blancs 2008 (R65).
- Watercress, goat’s cheese risotto croquette with pickled shemeji mushrooms and micro herbs (R25), served with Graham Beck Brut Zero 2005 (R65).
- Vanilla panna cotta with berry and lemon grass consommé (R25), served with Graham Beck Bliss NV (R40).