Top 5: Matcha recipes
The biggest green trend since kale, matcha actually tastes as good as it is for you.
The finely ground green tea powder is being used in everything from smoothies and juices to croissants (green ones). And if you’ve already been drinking green tea to lower your risk of cardiovascular problems, cancer and diabetes, you’ll be happy to know that its powdered form is a much stronger, much more intensive health hit. Matcha also contains the amino acid L-Theanine, promoting calm and relaxation, plus it’s full of antioxidants, which means it’ll be this year’s coconut water. For a mid-morning treat, whip up a matcha latte, or mix it into a rub for a salmon steak dinner...
Here are our Top 5 Matcha Recipes:
1. Can you eat matcha for dinner? Of course you can, especially when paired with tofu and peppers.
2. Who needs a caffeine kick when you've got a super green tea latte?
3. Holy crepe! This is totally worth the calories.
4. Matcha coconut macaroons... just let that sink in...
5. These blueberry popsicles find a perfect partner in matcha.
Find another matcha recipe, as well as nine other food trends in HL's April issue, on sale now.