Recipe Andy Fenner
For the lamb:
- 1,5kg rolled breast of lamb, tied by your butcher
For the chermoula:
- 1 large bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2T paprika
- 1T cumin
- 1t salt
- 1t ginger, grated or very finely chopped
- ½t cayenne pepper (or more if you like it spicy)
- 3 to 4 saffron threads
- 3T vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 small lemon
Pre-heat the oven to 170°C. Combine the chermoula ingredients in a bowl. (You can do this in advance if you prefer). If the sauce is too thick, add a splash of oil to loosen it up. Smear the chermoula over the rolled lamb breast. Place on a tray that has a light brushing of oil and cook it in the oven for one hour. Remove, allow to rest and carve into discs.
Serve with a fresh rocket salad, seasonal greens and Zonnebloem Shiraz 2011.