Posted: 10 June 2015
Bunnahabhain has developed something of a cult following amongst aficionados for the relative rarity of its whiskies and their singular flavour that is quite unlike the peaty, smoky malts traditionally associated with the island of Islay, off the west coast of Scotland. Bunnahabhain, founded in 1881, pronounced Bŭ-na-ha-venn and means mouth of the river in Scots Gaelic, referring to the Margadale River that flows close by. The un-chillfiltered range of single malt whiskies represents whisky in its purest form with a full depth of flavour, aroma, colour and character. Nothing is taken away or added to the whisky; it is as natural as it can be and just as it should be, allowing the gentle, subtle notes of the whisky to come through. Earlier this year, the 18-year-old single malt took the title of Best Islay Single Malt (13 to 20 years) at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition. It has also just been announced that Bunnahabhain 18-year-old earned master status in its category at the Global Scotch Whisky Masters in the UK, presented by leading industry publication, The Spirits Business. Bunnahabhain 12-year-old was awarded gold at the same competition.
Full terms and conditions
- This promotional competition is organised by Distell Ltd, in association with House and Leisure (“the Promoters”).
- The promotional competition is open to residents of South Africa, over the age of 18 years, except any employee, director, member partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by the Promoters, immediate family members of such persons, and/or any participants who have won a prize through a promotional competition run by the Promoters at least three months prior to the announcement of the winner of the Prize (“Disqualified Persons”).
- By entering the promotional competition, all participants agree to be bound by these rules, which will be interpreted by the Promoters, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoters reserve the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this competition and any prizes (which have not yet been awarded), or any aspect thereof, without prior notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoters deem necessary.
- The promotional competition commences on Monday, 15 June 2015 and ends on Monday, 29 June 2015. Entries received after the closing date will not be taken into consideration.
- One House and Leisure reader stands a chance to each win a Bunnahabhain hamper consisting of a bottle of 12-year-old, a bottle of 18-year-old, a leather-bound notebook, a leather laptop bag and a leather overnight bag, all valued at R4 260 (“the Prize”).
- To be eligible for the Prize, participants are required to comment on the competition post with the answer to the following question: “In which year was the Bunnahabhain distillery founded?” by Monday, 29 June 2015.
- The winners will be determined by random draw at the close of the competition and notified on Facebook no later than Friday, 3 July. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Prize will be couriered to the winner within two weeks of acceptance of the Prize.
- If the potential winner does not accept his/her Prize on or before Wednesday, 8 July 2015, the winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert to the Promoters.
- The winner will be required to provide proof of identity to verify that he/she is above the age of 18.
- The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- All participants and the winners, as the case may be, by entering the promotional competition, indemnify the Promoters, their advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in this promotional competition and/or use of the Prize (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters).
- This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoters and its agents only and not to Facebook.
- All entrants in this promotional competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.