Display shelves are the perfect solution for storage and a wonderful way to display your loved collectables. HL‘s Decor Content Producer Mia Vincent gives us her top 5 tips on styling display boxes:
- Create a striking backdrop for your collectables by adding a design to the backing board. Mia loves these backing designs by Flowermill Stationary Co.
- Break monotony by stacking a combination of display box boxes in different sizes. This will result in a visually interesting network of frames to show-off those much-loved items. The display boxes by Hemma Furniture are perfect for stacking.
- Combine functionality with design by stacking books using a sculptural bookend. These cute owl bookends from Typo are great for keeping those books in place.
- Place large objects on a separate shelf to draw attention and create emphasis. The trophy from Block & Chisel works wonderfully placed in it’s own little box.
- Embrace negative space and avoid clutter by giving your objects room to breath.
Display shelves R330 (small) R400 (medium) R440 (large), Hemma Furniture; Ceramic Trophy in white R195, Block & Chisel; Split owl bookends R299.95, Typo; Sketch book R299, Typo; Smile quotation book R350, Mr & Mrs Lifestyle and Design; Notebooks from R95 each, Loft Living; Recyclock in Birch Plywood R180, Unfayzdesign; Wooden Scrabble coaster set (home) by Mocholoco R175, Kinspace; Anniversary mug in pale pink R89, Country Road; Pens from R119.95 and Globe (small) R119.95 both from Typo; Metal symbol R119, Typo; faceted pen holder R99.95, Typo; Framed Botanical by Artmiss R1165, Kinspace; Bottle vase in white R195, Loft Living; Assorted wooden rulers R128.07 each, Crema