Q&A: Johnson Tiles 50 Shades at Home
Grey is a wonderful colour, and is an easy remedy for decor errors. HL chatted to Johnson Tile's Marketing Manager, Richard Nuss, about how the colour grey is bang on trend and could completely transform your home: Gone are the days when grey was considered too dull for interiors, this colour remains on-trend internationally and is now making inroads locally. 'The latest trends revealed from Cersaie show that grey is still one of the popular colours when it comes to home décor. Locally, plain cement colours in light, medium and warm grey tones with soft designs are more popular,' said Richard. Available in dark and dramatic or soft and serene, and anywhere in between; grey can add a calm and soothing effect to your home. Here are more reasons why you should consider using grey in your home:
- Grey is elegant, rich and sophisticated and blends effortlessly with other vibrant tones.
- Grey is a neutral colour and works well with most décor styles. You can bring in the colour grey through from a furniture piece such as a sofa, as a feature wall by using mosaics or through flooring by installing tiles in your home.
- Grey can also be a remedy to décor mistakes. For example, if you've purchased a bright coloured piece of furniture and feel that it is too loud, you can play it down with grey accessories to soften it.
- Many décor styles work well with grey such as the contemporary trend of stylish and sleek interiors with clean and well defined lines, the industrial and monochromatic décor style.
- The colour grey creates an aura of peace and tranquillity and works well in a bathroom which is ideal for relaxation.