The regal stone of age-old palaces and temples, marble is a statement buy that brings luxury into your living space. Here we chat to the World of Marble & Granite (WOMAG) about the joys of this material, what to look for when investing in it and how to care for it once it adorns your floors and counter tops. Why do you recommend incorporating marble into your home space? Marble has a timeless beauty and elegance and a luxurious feel. It’s a natural product that can absorb heat during winter and be cooled during summer. It’s also an extremely durable and low-maintenance material that is easy to clean and needs minimal care. Plus, marble floors have health benefits too – they keep away infestations of allergens and pathogens because they can’t thrive on marble’s surface. What factors should we consider when buying marble or marble products?
- The size and thickness of the stone.
- The colour variation that you want to carry through when you lay tiles in your home or office (the representation on the showroom floor you visit should be a good indication).
- Who is going to install the marble. It’s important that your marble tiles or slabs are laid by an experienced, professional marble tiler.
- Where you're going to purchase it from. It's recommended that you buy your marble from a business that specialises in marble. It's actually less expensive in the long-run to buy from a specialist marble retailer rather than from a bargain tile shop.
- Monet marble slabs (image 1 in the gallery slider above)
- Matis marble slabs (image 2 in the gallery slider above)
- Sea Blue marble slabs (image 3 in the gallery slider above)
- Nero Marquina marble slabs (image 4 in the gallery slider above)
- Bianco Pez marble slabs and tiles