Soon to be in the Mother City for its 15th appearance is Decorex Cape Town, promising a feel-good show that is sure to inspire home makers across the board. This year's exhibition - in partnership with sponsors Plascon, M-Net and the Sunday Times - will demonstrate 'Bliss' as its theme, challenging local designers to create a sanctuary using on-trend designs, colours, furniture and ideas.
For starters, award-winning Cape Town interior designer and stylist, Tracy Lee Lynch, has interpreted the theme by creating an oversized cross stitch installation for the show's Bliss Entrance Feature to highlight the importance of quiet time and engaging in crafts. Sian Steyn, General Manager of Events and Exhibitions at Decorex SA, says, 'There is now an emphasis on taking out the fussy bits, adding a lot of soul, handmade essentials and always doing it responsibly. It’s design made simple, easy and usable'.
- Dates: 25 – 28 April 2013
- Venue: CTICC
- Trade Days: Thursday 25th & Friday 26th
- Times: 10am – 7pm (closing at 6pm on the Sunday)
- Tickets available at the door or via the Decorex website
- Adults: R70, Students/Pensioners: R60, Kids Under 12: R10
Some of the exciting feature areas we suggest you visit include:
Plascon Spaces –
Proud sponsors of the show since its inception, Plascon will bring the 2013 colour palette 'Balance' to life using paint to transform a room setting into four unique looks.
Decorex Designer Spotlight
– Zimbabwe-born interior designer Stephen Lasker (also the official agent for Moooi in SA) has been commissioned to design and curate this show-stopping feature, reflecting the season's hottest trends in decor and design.
The Fresh Food Market
– If you're a foodie at heart, get ready to flock to this market-like food area, boasting a selection of fresh, high-quality artisanal foods ranging from gourmet burgers and meze platters, to a smoothie and juice bar, and delectable sweet treats.
M-Net Cares Room to Grow by Mr Price Home
– This collaborative effort will showcase child-friendly interiors that cater to the different stages of a child’s development. Focussing on creating spaces where children can grow, learn and play, the rooms will include a baby’s nursery, toddler’s play area, tween’s haven and a teenager’s escape zone. All the furniture featured in these rooms will be donated to local underprivileged children’s home, The Holy Cross Child and Youth Centre.
Volvo #MADEFORYOU Designer Pods
- Four of Cape Town's hottest interior decorators each test drove a Volvo to experience what makes this car brand so unique. Now, Volvo is bringing the #MADEFORYOU Designer Pods to Decorex Cape Town, where these designers will take inspiring elements of the cars and interpret them into a cutting-edge room setting.
Be sure to stop by for all the latest design and decor trends. For more information visit decorex.co.za, and for regular updates see facebook.com/decorexsa or follow @decorexSA on Twitter.