12 velvet must-haves
Many luxury fabrics were previously associated with royalty, with velvet being one of the most sensual and exclusive. Velvet owes its popularity not only to its plush texture, but also to the array of rich hues that it's available in. With its unmistakable beauty and lustre, this material has earned its place as a covetable fabric for use in home spaces. Our selected items below showcase velvet's appeal and versatility.
1. smooth seatingScoot yourself onto this luxurious blue velvet throne.
2. modern meets old-worldA beautiful infusion of two vintage mediums (antique brass and velvet) makes this chair an elegant accent piece for any home.
3. luxury statementA velvet hero piece, such as this sumptuous black sofa, conveys bold luxury.
4. pom-pom scattersAdd a sprinkle of fun to your couch or bed with these quirky scatter cushions.
5. retro recliningClassic retro style lives on in the form of this mustard sofa.
6. cover upThere’s nothing that embodies the warmth of home like a plush velvet throw.
7. pretty in pinkIf you can’t stand the full monty of a velvet couch, add a touch of this fabric to your home with delicate pink cushions.
8. wood meets velvetAnother example of mixed mediums producing a sophisticated piece of furniture.
9. in bed with velvetVelvet offers a comforting soft touch on those cold winter nights.
10. royal shadesAn elite range of imperial swatches.
Velvet Kingdom, Kenza in Gold, R1 156/m, Home Fabrics.
11. put your feet upThis velvet armchair and footstool is designed to take you to a whole new level of comfort.
12. artistic libertyIf an artistic statement is what you’re after, these velvet armchairs are the way forward.
Get more velvet inspiration in our July 2016 issue.