Top 5 Styling Tips
Posted: 17 February 2015
Display shelves are the perfect solution for storage and a wonderful way to display your loved collectables. HL's Decor Content Producer Mia Vincent gives us her top 5 tips on styling display boxes:
- Create a striking backdrop for your collectables by adding a design to the backing board. Mia loves these backing designs by Flowermill Stationary Co.
- Break monotony by stacking a combination of display box boxes in different sizes. This will result in a visually interesting network of frames to show-off those much-loved items. The display boxes by Hemma Furniture are perfect for stacking.
- Combine functionality with design by stacking books using a sculptural bookend. These cute owl bookends from Typo are great for keeping those books in place.
- Place large objects on a separate shelf to draw attention and create emphasis. The trophy from Block & Chisel works wonderfully placed in it’s own little box.
- Embrace negative space and avoid clutter by giving your objects room to breath.