The HL Team's Ultimate Luxuries Part I
Abstract, wishful or achievable, these are the luxuries from three of the HL team.
In light of the November #HLMyLuxuries issue, the House and Leisure team share their favourite – and ultimate – luxuries.
Emma Follett-Botha, chief copy editor
1) Gaucho Multi Pineapple tan bag R8 990 by Missibaba
I’ve coveted this local brand’s leather bags for years – I love their bold Art Deco designs.
2) A trip to New York
The melting pot of cultures, unceasing nightlife and easy access to nature in a concrete-jungle setting just makes it a must-visit destination for me.
3) 1950s-style red SMEG fridge
We had a similar looking fridge in our kitchen when I was younger; I adored it.
4) A dress designed by Zuhair Murad.
His designs are the epitome of whimsy and extravagance.
5) Jeffrey Campbell Lindsay Scarf heels R2 599, That Shoe Lady
An elegant silk scarf combined with a simple block heel? Yes please!
6) Narciso Rodriguez Narciso Rouge Eau de Parfum R895, available at Foschini for Beauty
A sensual scent that’s just perfect for balmy summer nights.
ALSO READ: the hl team's ultimate luxuries part ii
Robyn Alexander, deputy editor
1. Brass Oil Burner, Aesop
This essential-oil burner, designed by Studio Henry Wilson and crafted from solid brass, is easily the loveliest piece of its kind I’ve ever seen. Heavenly…
2. Time spent at my Kommetjie house is always as good as a holiday
It may only be 45 minutes from the Cape Town CBD, but its tranquil, village-like atmosphere and quiet streets make for an instant dose of calm.
3. The Gentlewoman magazine subscription
Witty, very well-informed and thoughtfully fashionable to boot, The Gentlewoman is still by far the best women’s magazine on the planet.
4. Entier fragrance by Saint d’Ici
Fresh at first, then drying down beautifully to a soft amber, this all-natural fragrance by South African perfumer Saint d’Ici is one of my all-time favourites.
5. Dalmatian Jasper brooch by Waif
This eye-catching contemporary brooch by local jewellery brand Waif is definitely top of my wish list for this coming festive season.
6. Klein Constantia Vin de Constance
I don’t love dessert, but I do adore dessert wine – and this world-famous product of the Cape is one of the world's very finest.
ALSO READ: the hl team's ultimate luxuries part iii
Rosalynd Watson, managing editor
1. Pacha Lounge Chair, Crema Design
I love the roundness and style of this chair.
2. A studio apartment in Greece
For an ultimate escape and relaxation.
3. Issey Miyake Bolsa Backpack, Bao-Bao
I love the bag's intriguing shapes and shades. I have to have it!
4. Multicolour Silk Archive scarf, Burberry
Because I'm all about the scarf.
5. YSL Mon Paris Eau De Parfum, available at Edgars
A romantic and uplifting fragrance is always a treat.
6. Moon Shadow earrings by Pichulik
Adding these earrings to any outfit will definitely luxe things up!
ALSO READ: the hl team's ultimate luxuries part iv