At House and Leisure we’re serious about our leisure time and this month we bring you all you need to enjoy the ultimate relaxation time. The annual House and Leisure Easy Living issue is on sale now and includes ample inspiration as we gear up for the winter months. In it you’ll find the epitome of laid-back living – from our fabulous decor and food shoots to designer homes, we bring you a diversity of tastes and styles that are bound to inspire. Our House of the Month belongs to Joburg architect Xavier Huyberechts, who has transformed his Houghton home into an open-plan oasis of calm. With its glass walls this double-volume space literally opens up onto the outdoors, making it the perfect place for the family to unwind. You can also look forward to the following features that sum up the best in South African leisure, design and decor:
- Design Indaba report back – Read all about the highlights of this year’s show as we showcase some of the inspiration, fresh ideas and ingenuity that really got us talking (page 46).
- Truly amazing space – This month’s Amazing Space is the enchanting St Mary’s Chapel in Cape Town’s Woodstock that has been transformed into the lively Delos showroom (page 30).
- Unique decor shoots – See our country picnic-inspired shoot (page 13) for neutral hues and natural fabrics; then, our gold shoot gives interiors the Midas touch (page 26).
- On the foodie front – This month we try our hand at three ways with onions (page 98) with seasoned chef Michael Broughton from Stellenbosch’s Terroir restaurant. We also get ready for winter with a delectable spread of pasta dishes that experiment with flavourful combinations (page 103).
- Flooring ideas – From tiles to rugs to natural options, we’ve got it all covered with seven pages of stellar flooring products (page 123).
- For the jet-setters – Travel writer Peter Frost whisks us off to Kenya’s Lake Victoria on page 114.
If you’re looking to kick back and relax this month, do it in style, with our Easy Living May 2012 issue. You can also download our digital issue to enjoy House and Leisure on the go.