House and Leisure’s April issue is dedicated to the best of South Africa’s art world. More than simply showing the best works of art, however, we take you inside the lives and homes of remarkable local artists and collectors, showcasing their works, living spaces, and private collections. ‘This is our third Art Issue and I think it is the best one yet,’ says editor Naomi Larkin. ‘We have showcased some exceptionally beautiful homes, but even more impressive than their interiors is the art collections they house.’ In this issue, we also take an exclusive look at William Kentridge’s inspired garden in Houghton, Johannesburg, and venture into the ever-controversial topic of public art in South Africa. Our highly anticipated 2012 Art Issue is a window into the world of South African art, which showcases serious art collections and provides glimpses into the lives of the up-and-coming figures of South Africa’s art scene. Highlights from the issue include:
- The Art of Revival – A look at the Wits Arts Museum, which, after a decade of planning, has masterfully melded old and new
- Style Snoop – A window into the world of five rising stars on the South African art scene
- Art and Life – Once one of South Africa’s most influential galleries, now a family home
- Visual Palette – An exclusive look at William Kentridge’s magnificent two-acre garden
- Kitchen Sync – Inspired designs for the heart of your home
Be sure to grab your Art Issue, which is on-shelf now, or download the digital issue, for an endless amount of artful inspiration.