Join Backsberg on Sunday afternoons for some summer fun.
This event is perfect for the whole family! Bring your blankets, chairs and pillows and chill on Backsberg’s luscious green lawns while listening to some of South Africa’s amazing local talent – all while the sun sets.
There will be delicious food on site including hamburgers and Karoo lamb wraps which can be enjoyed with a chilled glass (or bottle) of Backsberg’s wine – yummm.
But there’s more! Opening each of the head-lining artist’s gigs are upcoming artists who have been invited to show up and perform – which gives the next generation of young musicians a chance to show off their talent.
WHERE: Backsberg Estate Cellars. View map and directions here.
WHEN: Sunday afternoons from the 15 Feb – 15 March
- 15 Feb – Bed on Bricks (Members: Mike Hardy – Vocals and sax, Dave van der Linden – Guitar; Schalk van der Merwe – Bass, Tim Rankin – Drums)
- 22 Feb – Mean Black Mamba (Members: Guy Collins – Guitar & Vox, James van Minnen – Drums)
- 01 Mar – Piet Botha & Akkedis Band (SA music legend Piet Botha and the Akkedis Band, Arthur and Rudolph Dennis and AJ Graham)
- 08 Mar – The Blues Broers (Members: Albert Frost – lead guitar and vocals, Rob Nagel – bass guitar, harp, tea chest, Simon Orange – keyboard, vocals, bass guitar, tea chest, maraccas, Jonno Sweetman – drums)
- 15 Mar – Mr Cat & the Jackal (Instrumental band including members Gertjie Besselsen, Jacques du Plessis, Pierre-Arnold Theron, Marcel Christie, JC Visser)
Admission starts at 3pm. The opening act begins at 4pm and the main act at 5pm.
TICKETS: You can buy pre-sale tickets from plankton.mobi for R100. Tickets will be available at the gate for R120 or R60 with a valid student card so don’t forget it! Children under 12 years get in free when accompanied by an adult.
WHAT TO BRING: Something soft to sit or lie on and good vibes!
For more information, visit facebook.com/backsbergconcerts.