5 reasons to own the #HLKitchenIssue
The April 2017 edition of House and Leisure is now on shelves, and we've turned our attention to kitchens to bring you the latest trends, ideas and inspiration. For the first time ever, we've partnered up with kitchen specialist bulthaup to create three unique covers, giving you the chance to vote for your favourite and stand in line to win R10 000. What's more, every issue comes with a 10% off voucher for Le Creuset cookware. Read on for a sneak peek at the #HLKitchenIssue.
1. The life of a kitchenFrom early morning coffees to indulgent midnight snacks, the kitchen is a hive of energy and the heart of many a home. If you're after a functional space that looks the part, too, luxury kitchen manufacturer bulthaup has the answer. See page 28 for 24 hours in the life of a kitchen.
2. Inspired living, from London to TamboerskloofIn this issue, we bring you all-new home inspiration complete with cool kitchens and plenty of Pinterest-worthy details. Look inside a tranquil KwaZulu-Natal abode (page 48), a characterful and compelling 1820s house in London (page 56), a glamorous home fringed by Table Mountain (page 64) and a Mid-Century Modern Johannesburg apartment (page 72).
3. Between land and seaForager-chef Kobus van der Merwe's new venture in Paternoster, Wolfgat, showcases his unique Strandveld-inspired cuisine in a beautiful beachfront setting. Turn to page 92 to discover his fascinating and flavourful world.
4. Printed mattersSiwa Mgoboza's art plays on the strength of a South African print staple, shweshwe. In the hands of the young Capetonian, Afro chic has been reinvented and transformed into a concept he calls Africadia. On page 43, we get to know this rising art star better.
5. A guide to Abu DhabiStriking architectural wonders meet pristine beaches in the urban coastal destination that is Abu Dhabi. Explore everything this world-class city has to offer, including the best places to sleep and eat, and the cultural attractions not to miss (page 102).
Get your April issue of House and Leisure in stores or online.