WHEN April 2013
WHERE Waterkloof, Pretoria
WHAT A double-storey home overlooking Pretoria incorporates a dramatic coffer slab at the centre of its industrial expansion. Medical specialists Dian Kirsten and Jacqueline Grassie’s 1930s Spanish villa, with its mixture of exposed bricks and plastered and texturally overhauled walls, provides the backdrop for the couple’s impressive art collection. Previous owners had renovated it in the French style, but Dian and Jacqueline extended the once pokey space and modernised it with the introduction of cement, glass and steel to contrast with the original design.
WHO Dian Kirsten and Jacqueline Grassie.
1. Bentwood office chair R1 499, @home
2. Butchers Rack Petit six light fittings with candle shades hanging pot fitting R7 410, Ambiente Luce
3. Dragons Tail hanging lamp R4 595 (medium), Weylandts
4. So Lo corner couch in white leather R26 900, Klooftique
5. Vegetable baskets R195 (small), R265 (medium), R399 (large), La Grange Interiors
6. Zebra skin POR, African Game Skin
7. Charles Ghost barstool R2 125 (small), R3 430 (medium), R3 675 (large) by Philippe Starck for Kartell
8. Cluny 1000 gas range cooker in Chocolate – Starting at R 78 822.00, Lacanche
9. Zulu Mama Café chair – R5158, Haldane Martin
10. Cosmopolitan coffee table R10 572, Leonardo Design
Styling by Leana Schoeman