Main image credit: petitworldcitizen.com
When the clouds hang low and heavy, and you’re still expected to get out of bed and go to work (even though it’s the dead of winter and it actually should be illegal to leave the nest you built yourself in the night), the only thing that’ll set things right is a delicious, hearty soup for deskside lunch. And there’s only so much Woolies’ Butternut a person can handle. No matter what your penchant, there’s a bowl with your name on it in this compilation of tasty soups you can make at home…
1. lentil, sweet potato and pancetta soup
Delicious pancetta elevates this earthy mix. Get the recipe.
2. Italian Meatball Minestrone Soup
All the best things about winter Italian cooking make it into this soup. Greatest thing about it? The kids will love it! Get the recipe.
3. Warm almond, garlic and parsnip soup
Almond nuttiness suffuses this garlic and parsnip vegan soup with flavour. Get the recipe.
4. Ginger-and-lemongrass-infused Thai soup with crispy tofu and wild rice
When a bout of flu is around the corner, let the ginger injection in this soup nurse you back to health. Get the recipe.
5. Bún bò Huế: a Vietnamese Noodle Soup
Broth lovers can definitely get behind this meaty, citrusy, salty, sweet Asian soup. Get the recipe.
6. Roast Red Pepper Soup
An easy week night dinner that carries well for desk lunch the next day. Get the recipe.
7. Indian cauliflower soup with spiced granola
Apples and granola make this recipe decidedly comforting and extra delicious. Get the recipe.
8. Taiwanese beef and noodle stew
The brisket basically melts when you touch it with your spoon, and that makes this dish a winter winner. Get the recipe.
9. Thai Peanut Chicken and Ramen Noodle Soup
This is like the souped up (geddit?) version of Maggi 2 Minute Noodles, which means it’s family friendly. Get the recipe.
10. Aromatic Shrimp and Noodle Medicine Soup
Stave off a seasonal cold with this hearty broth. Get the recipe.
11. Creamy Caramelised Leek Soup with Maple-Glazed Bacon
Is there anything better than a bacon-and-leek combo? Crispy bits bring just the right amount of crunch to every mouthful. Get the recipe.
12. Roasted Carrot Soup with Fennel and Lemon
Vegan and gluten free? The next healthy, meat-free Monday is sorted! Get the recipe.