Swarovski has long been a luxury brand that we covet and would love to have in our homes. So it’s great that Swarovski Elements, the premium brand for their finest crystal elements, has introduced their first wallpaper collection. The range comprises nine embellished and two plain wallpapers. The adorned wallpapers have been decorated with Swarovski’s crystal elements, which are displayed on mirror-like foil and layered ink backgrounds. The effect is a spellbinding metallic leather look that adds an ethereal feel to interiors.
The collection was designed by British wallpaper designer Karen Beauchamp, who worked closely with the Swarovski Elements in-house design team. Three of the wallpapers have been made with a layer of crystals (the Crystal Strata) – the epitome of luxe living – that subtly change colour. The attention to detail and careful thought behind each themed wallpaper, ensures that the collection stands out from the crowd.
Swarovski’s exciting wallpaper launch echoes another one of our trend forecasts for 2012. In our January/February issue Trend Report 2012, we cited textured wallpaper as an easy and striking way to introduce a tactile focal point into a room (see page 42). It seems that embossed wallpaper, particularly those applying digital design and a good dose of colour, are the way forward. This near-3D effect has been captured perfectly by the Swarovski team.
We’ve selected five of their opulent wallpapers to show you, in the hope that you may be inspired to go out and deck your walls too. Share your thoughts with us on Twitter @houseleisureSA or via Facebook.
Editor – House and Leisure
1. Feather Palace – The design includes clouds of flock feathers falling from the sky interspersed with a single metallic plume, accentuated by light-reflecting crystals.
2. Cashmere – This iconic paisley design features miniature Swarovski elements, suspended against a soft, tactile backdrop.
3. Diamond Trellis – This harlequin style wallpaper uses diamond shapes and Crystal Strata to explore different textures.
4. Jewelled Stripe – The broad stripes are bordered either by a line of pearls or crystals, for a magical effect.
5. Versailles – With its rectangular pane design this wallpaper has the appearance of 18th century gilded glass and features a cluster of crystals in each corner.
The Swarovski Elements Wallpaper Collection is available from St Leger and Viney stores nationwide, and ranges in price from R4 400 per roll upwards.
Please note that the wallpaper is imported so there is a delay on the delivery.