Staircases are an integral design opportunity. They can add drama, lightness, pops of colour or a refreshing break from monotony. Fancy an upgrade in your own home? Here’s some staircase inspiration:
1. Heavy dark stained wood is offset by crisp white walls and the lightness of bare bulbs.
2. An outdoor spiral staircase blends in with surrounding greenery yet remains a focal point.
3. Treated wood and jet black paint make for a striking centrepiece.
4. An imposing staircase is lifted by bright light streaming in through floor-to-ceiling windows.
5. A wood-clad railing offers drama (and safety) to this spiral staircase.
6. Wood, chrome and concrete combine in sleek angular symmetry in this modern stairway.
7. A gentle curve carries wider steps for an interesting change.
8. Floating steps are just gorgeous, making striking eye-candy against bare concrete walls.
9. For a masculine industrial effect, corrugated steel steps and exposed red beams are the way to go.
10. Multipurpose, mixed material stairs are a great space-saving solution and a focal feature.